• Thursday, October 09th, 2008
Essentials of Emergency Preparedness
Saturday September 27, 2014
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Augusta Expoland – Fishersville, VA
This blog is about simple, local solutions to some of the problems we may face as the economic collapse continues.
Some links are provided to help find useful items. I do not profit from links clicked and I have nothing for sale here.
Prepping on a tiny budget (a quick read for those in a rush)
Downsizing Floor Space and Energy
- Tiny Houses is a collection of videos, floorplans and blogs related to tiny houses. Very popular.
- Space Heating includes primary and secondary heating alternatives. Redundant and simple systems are important.
- Composting Toilets help save fresh water and provide useful fertilizer. Give some thought about how useful this is if the water suply becomes intermittent or unavailable.
- Clothes Washing without electricity.
Food and Water
- Food Selection, Preservation and Storage Featuring ten excellent and informative videos by Tammy (a.k.a. Dehydrate2store).
- Chef Tess shows how to prepare Meals In A Jar for long term storge. Just add water.
- Gardening In Small Spaces
- Food Storage FAQ
- East Coast Food Storage (Troy, VA). Inventory includes dehydrated and freeze dried food packaged for long term storage and emergency supplies. Located approximately 11 miles East of Charlottesville. Email link: firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 242-9762. Website link.
- Water, a critical resource.
- About Chickens
- Emergency Stoves and Fire Starters
Alternative Health Care
- Alternative Health Care: Sodium Chlorite (a.k.a. MMS) and more.
Links to other prepper sites: