During a time of food scarcity, precious metals are worth very little. No one in their right mind would trade food for precious metals during those conditions. The real value of precious metals will be *after* food becomes readily available, most likely after a new, yet publicly undefined, monetary system has replaced world wide fiat currencies. Debt reduction, food, clean water, an energy efficient shelter, land to grow food, a wood stove, self sufficient living skills and cooperative rural communities are far more important. Creating a simplified life style now will help ease the panic and culture shock that is rapidly approaching.
If there is any money left after debt reduction and implementation of your self sufficiency plan, it would be wise to purchase some gold and silver in the form of physical coins and hide them at home or outside your home but not all in one place.
Prior to hyperinflation and food riots, purchase:
- Dehydrated and/or freeze dried food.
- Garden seeds and sprouting seeds.
- Wood stove and firewood.
- Water filters, a manual well pump and an emergency well bucket (if you have a well). Water is critical.
- Tools needed for gardening that do not require gasoline or diesel fuel. Container gardening and Square Foot Gardening do not need power tools.
- Composting toilet (build or buy).
- Lighting that can be powered by solar energy.
Useful sources of economic news
- Jim Sinclair’s website and Youtube
- USA Watchdog with Greg Hunter
- Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury
- Gerald Celente website and Youtube